Congratulations on your interest in becoming a birth doula! You will soon experience the amazing joy of the special impact you will have on women and families in your area.
This special weekend away will have you immersed in a doula training like no other training can. Covering our content during the day, but spending evenings with (optional) fun and inspiring activities with the trainer and an experienced local doula who can answer all of your questions and have you feeling excited for the journey ahead.
Our 2017 weekend retreat training is:
August 11-14, 2017
The cost is $499 plus HST. Book early and save with our early bird rate of $449.
Schedule for either session runs as follows:
- Day 1: 10am-6pm (this includes the Childbirth Education component of Certification, not offered at all trainings, value $125)
- Day 2: 9am to 5:30pm
- Day 3: 9am to 5:30pm
- Day 4: Business for Doulas (optional) – additional $125
Add the business course to your cart here: BUSINESS COURSE
Overnight accommodation options for those coming from out of town include:
- Private room in the century home where the retreat is taking place: $50 per night
- Tent on the grounds: $25 per night
- Local Ridgetown Inn by Howard Johnson: approx $100 per night
Retreat evening activities may include (optional and will be confirmed closer to the event date):
- Bonfire and sacred gathering
- Star/night hikes in Rondeau provincial park
- Bayside Brewery dinner (on the Bay to watch the sunset about 15 minutes drive)
- Moonlight Yoga
You will be given all the necessary tools to begin your journey towards becoming a certified doula through DONA International.
We will continue to support you on this journey as you have questions or need additional support.
Cancellation policy: Full cancellation available within 24 hours of booking. Refunds are available 30 days or more before workshop start date minus a $40 handling fee. No refunds will be made within 30 days of the workshop, however registrants may apply the fee towards a future workshop held by Discover Birth Inc. Cancellations within one week of class must pay a $50 administration fee to rebook and apply fee towards another workshop. NO EXCEPTIONS.